This example is primarily focused on loading images from a specific folder under the Pitt Public Health's Flickr account. An alternate account can be used with a different album if you wanted to use certain images on your page directly from Flickr.
- Log into Flickr
- Click "You" > "Organize"
- Select "Albums & Collections"
- Under "Collections" on the left, expand Web Graphics and open "Web-CDN"
- For a visual reference, it may be helpful to look at the settings of an existing image:
- Open the icon > Open Photo page > Scroll down to the photo's settings.
- Review naming convention (for reference only) and Privacy setting (Note: It is set to Private, but a user can see it if they know the URL directly to the image.)
- Click the Upload icon in the top right.
- Select your (already sized and scaled) image to upload.
- Apply naming convention if one exists to the photo "Title".
- Change the "Privacy" setting to "Private".
- Set the album to "Web-CDN".
- Finish uploading.
- Go to the new image's "Photo page"
- Click the Downloads icon (lower right of the photo).
- Select View All Photos.
- In the view options, click Original. The photo will open.
- Right-click the image and choose "View Image". The photo will open in the browser.
- Copy the URL of the image.
- You can now leave Flickr if you are done.
- Log into the Stage Pitt Public Health site
- Go into Edit mode (Edit > Edit this page)
- Open the module's Advanced Editor.
- Choose HTML view
- In the HTML, you will see:
- Alternately, the HTML may be something like:
<a href="SOMEURLHERE">Example Text</a>
- Replace the existing URL with the one that you copied from Flickr.
Caution: Don't accidentally delete the single quotation marks around the URL in the HTML view.
- Close the Advanced Editor.
- Publish the page.
- If it looks ok, repeat the process on the Live site.